Monday, December 31, 2012

tiny favorite things

This is baby Chelsea, K's favorite baby doll. (Or at least she was until Christmas. She may be a little put out now that she has three more sisters.) Chelsea is a Corolle doll with a really soft huggable body and a sweet face with sleepy eyes. They are really wonderful little dolls! There aren't as many sewing patterns for 12" baby dolls out there, so I thought it worthwhile to share some details of her wardrobe.

To replicated the Liberty Fairy Tale dress, I used McCall's 4338. The pattern envelope is pretty blah, but the set includes good basics. I made the jumper, top and dress for her birthday. They all fit the Corolle and Melissa and Doug 12" baby dolls well, though the dress is pretty baggy. I recommend taking a 1/4" from the center front of the bodice pattern piece. Lengthening the dress an inch will better cover the cloth part of the legs.

The collar for the shirt fits just fine on the dress, as you can see. What possesed me to add the teeny weeny piping, I don't know, but it seemed important at the time.

I also included a full lining and tulle, just like K's dress. The hem is deep, double folded and hand stitched just like K's. Crazy stuff, I know, but it was such a lovely dress to make for baby girl, I thought baby doll needed to have the same one.

The sash and bow were easy to replicate and K was so very excited about this detail! I stitched the sash right on to the dress at the side seams so we don't loose it. I closed the top with a button and crochet thread loop. These are easier to work than the snaps.

So happy together!

No comments:

Post a Comment