Friday, June 13, 2014

summer is here

 
My Communion season wrapped up a little while ago, so it was time to work on something bright and colorful and just for fun. I made Kitty this little summer top from some very small remnants of Nani Iro double gauze that I couldn't bear to part with. I asked what she wanted to go with it, she said "pink shorts!"

 
I had this hot pink linen that was a crazy perfect match for the Nani Iro and I knew that only the Puppet Show Shorts would do.

 
They are one of my very favorites. I love the gathers, the cuffed hem ...
 
 
 ... and the pockets!
 
 
They are fantastic for a humid summer day exploring the city. Here we are at Bartram's Gardens, an 18th century estate now preserved by the city. It's a very unique place and downright magical.

 
So much fun, in fact, that she can't stay still for long.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!
    What a perfect setting for a lovely summer outfit

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful!
    I love the top (I still need to sew with Nani Iro fabrics - look so soft and the colors are always stunning) and the Puppet Show shorts are my all time favorite shorts patterns (so sad, they don't fit my girl anymore).

    ReplyDelete