Tuesday, August 23, 2011

time to chase the ice cream truck

Work on my family room has ground to a halt and the house is in utter chaos. There are boxes everywhere, furniture stacked in inconvenient places and my desk shoved into a tiny second floor landing.  Worse, it doesn't look like work will resume any time soon. I'm not entirely sure why, but all this chaos has invaded my sewing area too and I'm still not able to get much done. So I thought I'd share another Ice Cream Dress I made earlier in the summer that has become an everyday favorite. The fabric here is a cotton Swiss dot I picked up on sale at Joann last summer. It's very lightweight and soft.

As you can see, this dress is perfect for playtime with plenty of room to crawl, roll, pull up, topple, chase brothers, investigate and get into trouble as babies of 10 months are wont to do.

How much do you love the tiny toes?

I cut baby Ice Cream dresses at the length for view A without the bottom band. This is more like a tunic, but is just right for an active baby. I pair them with shorts, bloomers or in this case, just her cloth diaper that matches perfectly.

I also picked this fabric because the darker pink and little bits of olive green seemed like they would take un into early fall with layers. An easy and useful wardrobe staple!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely little dress Melanie - she looks right at home in that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's definitely a dress for hard playing.

    ReplyDelete