Thursday, May 10, 2012

kcwc part 2

 So here is the other top I actually finished during kcwc. Right as that ended, I had several things to deal with that kept me super busy and it took a while to get some photos and then to upload them. This is of course and Ice Cream Top in a very soft lightweight voile from Valorie Wells.

 I bought the fabric last year intending to make some baby clothes, but never got to it. The loose breezy top will last her all the way through the sticky summer.

 Right now I am frantically trying to get ready for the Weekend Sewing workshop in New York, so I don't ahve much to say about this project. I think it speaks for itself really. However, it's worth pointing out that I found an ice cream top from last summer that still fits her, so this time I made a very large keyhole opening in the back. That way, it will fit over her head for a long time to come. This time, I did it with bias.

 At the end of a long weekend of spring cleaning, we all went for a little ice cream. Every photo had at least one child looking ridiculous. It was one of those days and the pictures just cracked me up.

For the record, neither of my boys were given entire ice cream cones as babies. But the littlest ones have a inbiult sense that tells them, "older brothers are getting something. I WANT IT TOO!" Woe to the person who denies her, so she largely does get what they have. I draw the line at coffee or wine, though.

This time tomorrow, I'll be on the train to New York! I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

  1. Terribly sweet and little girls with brothers are rarely put upon!

    ReplyDelete